Welcome to First Presbyterian Church Frankfort’s Website!
We are located in historic downtown Frankfort, Ky., and within walking distance of several downtown shops, banks, and restaurants. We have been in our current location and building since 1849 and will be celebrating 200 years of being constituted as a church in 2015. We are members of Downtown Frankfort Inc. and the Chamber of Commerce.
Our membership is diverse – young and old, male and female, African and American, professional and working class, employed and unemployed, funny and serious, intellectual and “just the facts ma’am.”
All are welcome and will be warmly greeted.
Our worship style is mostly traditional with integrated elements of African praise music and drama. Children and youth are regularly incorporated into worship leadership as well.
Our Vision Statement: A Diverse Community Growing in Christ through Worship and Service
Top 10 Reasons to Visit First Presbyterian Church Frankfort
- God wants you to
- Worship includes good music, liturgy, and a 15-20 minute sermon
- Communion on the first Sunday of the month
- People are lively and fun – no “walking dead” zombies in sight!
- There is stuff to do – various mission project opportunities are offered each month, including serving at the local Soup Kitchen, leading worship at a local nursing facility, bringing food for the food pantry, cleaning up our fair city through our Adopt-A-Highway workdays, mentoring children through our Walter Todd ministry, volunteering at local shelters, caring for animals at Life House or the Humane Society, annual Clothe-a-child shopping, periodic mission trips, financial assistance to several local ministries, and other opportunities as identified
- Educational opportunities for people of all ages
- Significant homebound ministry – CDs (with bulletins) of worship services sent each week and communion taken on first Sunday of the month to our homebound members
- Frequent fellowship/social opportunities including refreshments after worship each week, periodic hosting of community events, gatherings at congregant’s homes, lunches out together, trips to plays and cultural events
- Significant number of congregation members are active leaders in local community organizations
- Beautiful, historic building that is often the perfect venue for weddings
We would love to see you and tell you more.
Sandy Lacey, Pastor